The mission of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Program at METU Northern Cyprus Campus is to create knowledge and transfer knowledge to tomorrow's petroleum and natural gas engineers in the areas of drilling, production and reservoir engineering for the subsurface energy resources.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
It is aimed that, within a few years after graduation, Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Program graduates will:
- be successful practitioners of petroleum and natural gas engineering who can self-learn,
- demonstrate technical competence and necessary soft skills to advance in their careers
- perform engineering duties with strong professionalism, ethical behavior, economic and social awareness.
develop, apply and advance technical knowledge for engineering problem solving and design purposes.
and assume leadership roles.
Graduates of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering program will acquire:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions