Program Educational Objectives
The Bachelor of Science program in Computer Engineering at METU prepares the students to achieve the following career and professional accomplishments within a few years of graduation. The graduates of the program:
- have careers in industry and government focusing on the application of the information and communication technologies,
- take leadership positions in the industry and also initiate businesses offering innovative solutions,
- improve their knowledge and skills through lifelong learning and graduate studies,
- pursue academic careers in respected universities around the world, and
- act conscientiously about the potentials and the responsibilities of the computing profession in the context of science, technology, society and humanity.
Our BSc program in Computer Engineering strives to ensure that our students attain the following outcomes:
- SO-1: An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- SO-2: An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- SO-3: An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- SO-4: An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- SO-5: An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- SO-6: An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- SO-7: An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.