PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Chemical Engineering Program at METU NCC prepares students to achieve the following career and professional accomplishments within a few years of graduation. We expect our graduates to;
1. be amongst successful professionals in chemical engineering practice and research in; industry, government agencies, businesses and/or universities
2. conduct themselves with contemporary professional ethics and with careful consideration of the social, environmental and global responsibilities of the engineering profession
3. effectively apply fundamental knowledge in development and rational utilization of material and energy resources in chemical process industries.
Chemical Engineering Program at METU NCC strives to ensure that the students attain the following outcomes:
1. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7. an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.