Program Educational Objectives
The following program educational objectives are career and professional accomplishments that our graduates are expected to achieve within a few years after graduation. The Mechanical Engineering program at METU NCC aims at graduating students who:
- have mastered the fundamental notions of engineering and principles of mechanical engineering discipline.
- are able to independently learn various applications, think critically, evaluate and find solutions and improve their knowledge and skills.
- are open to team work, inquisitive, innovative and take initiatives.
- communicate effectively through oral, written and graphical means, are sociable, well rounded culturally in a diverse and multilingual environment and have broad interests.
- are aware of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
The student outcomes are listed below.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design mechanical and thermal systems, components, or processes to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and social context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice