2018 SUMMER AND FALL PERIOD DORMITORY CALENDAR
Closing and Opening Dates for Dormitories
|Closing Date||11 June 2018, 2 PM|
|Opening Date||14 September 2018, 9 AM|
Opening and Closing Dates of Stand-by Dormitories in Summer Period
|Dormitory 3:||11 – 21 June 2018 (daily charge)|
|Dormitory 1 (Summer School)||22 June 2018 – 14 August 2018|
|Dormitory 2||14 August 2018 – 13 September 2018 (daily charge)|
Important Notes: Summer School (SS) stay in dormitory starts two days prior to beginning of SS and ends two days after SS. Therefore, non-SS stays in dormitory will be subjected to daily charge.
Summer School Period for Undergraduate Programs: 22 June 2018 – 14 August 2018
Summer School Period for Preparatory School: 29 June 2018 – 1 August 2018
Dates for 2018-2019 Academic Year Dormitory Applications and Placements
1st Phase Placements
|Dates for Student Applications||17 April – 18 May 2018|
|Announcement of Results||31 May 2018|
|Last Day for Dormitory Fee Payment||17 August 2018|
2nd Phase Placements
|Dates for Student Applications||6 August – 26 August 2018|
|Announcement of Results||4 September 2018|
|Last Day for Dormitory Fee Payment||12 September 2018|
- It is absolutely necessary for students with guaranteed dorm right (first two years) (a) to fill in application form in the 1st Phase, (b) to select all dorm options given in order of preference and (c) to make the 1st term payment until the due date. If any of these conditions is not met, the guaranteed dorm right is lost. Those students can still apply later but their applications will be considered if vacancies are available.
- Students who have 50 or more disciplinary punishment points loose guaranteed dorm right and their applications are assessed together with other students.
- Both in Phase 1 and 2, placements of students who do not make the Dorm payment until the due date will be cancelled and their places will be assigned to students in the waiting list. Students will not be allowed in the Dorms without a payment on time.
- The vacant places at the end of 2nd phase placements will be assigned first to new students and then to those in the waiting list based on the 2nd phase applications.
- The refunds for payments will be subjected to a $160 deduction plus the daily charge if any for days stayed in the Dorm. Note that the $160 deduction will be applied if the refund claim occurs after the last day for dorm fee payment.