2020 SUMMER AND FALL PERIOD DORMITORY CALENDAR
Closing and Opening Dates for Dormitories
|Closing Date||30 June 2020, 5 PM|
|Opening Date||To be announced later|
Opening and Closing Dates of Stand-by Dormitories in Summer Period
|Dormitory 1:||1 July – 30 September 2020 (daily charge)|
|DAILY DORM FEE FOR THE SUMMER PERIOD Dormitory 2||
12 USD/DAILY FOR 2-PERSON ROOMS
Dates for 2019-2020 Academic Year Dormitory Applications and Placements
1st Phase Placements
|Dates for Student Applications||18 - 31 May 2020|
|Announcement of Results||
|Last Day for Dormitory Fee Payment||
2nd Phase Placements
|Dates for Student Applications||To be announced later|
|Announcement of Results||To be announced later|
|Last Day for Dormitory Fee Payment||To be announced later|
- It is absolutely necessary for students with guaranteed dorm right (first two years) (a) to fill in application form in the 1st Phase, (b) to select all dorm options given in order of preference and (c) to make the 1st term payment until the due date. If any of these conditions is not met, the guaranteed dorm right is lost. Those students can still apply later but their applications will be considered if vacancies are available.
- Students who have 50 or more disciplinary punishment points loose guaranteed dorm right and their applications are assessed together with other students.
- Both in Phase 1 and 2, placements of students who do not make the Dorm payment until the due date will be cancelled and their places will be assigned to students in the waiting list. Students will not be allowed in the Dorms without a payment on time.
- The vacant places at the end of 2nd phase placements will be assigned first to new students and then to those in the waiting list based on the 2nd phase applications.
- Dorm fee refunds are possible only for the students in their first term on the campus. Other students will not be refunded except for cases of force majeure. These cases are: a) Withdrawal from study due to failure in the METU English Proficiency Exam, b) Suspension of study by getting approval from the University, c) Obtaining a leave of absence from the University due to health reasons, d) having another excuse accepted by the Executive Board of Dorms. The refunds for payments will be subjected to a deduction of 20% of semester dorm fee plus the daily charge if any for days stayed in the Dorm."