Electrical and Electronics Engineering Teaching Assistantship Position
METU NCC Electrical and Electronics Engineering program is seeking applications for Teaching Assistant positions. Teaching assistants, supervised and monitored by course instructors, will be responsible for tutorial and recitation hours, marking homeworks, projects and quizzes, proctoring exams, supervising laboratory experiments and lab-based learning in support of a student-centered learning environment. Teaching assistants will also be expected to fulfill other duties assigned by the University Administration such as student advisory during registration periods, establishment of laboratory and/or computing infrastructure, and conducting studies and analyses.
Teaching assistant positions are available on both a full time and a part time basis. For further information please contact Assoc. Prof. Dr. Murat Fahrioğlu (Program Coordinator, METU NCC Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program) at fmuratmetu.edu.tr
- hold an undergraduate diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or related fields with a minimum graduation CGPA of 2.50/4.00 and, (if applicable) a minimum CGPA of 3.00/4.00 in graduate study.
- be proficient in English; to have satisfied the language requirements for admission to a graduate program at METU NCC
Priority will be given in the following order to candidates who:
- are currently enrolled in a related graduate program (Master or PhD) of METU Northern Cyprus, Ankara and Erdemli campuses (students enrolled in other METU campuses have to complete the course requirements of their program or have to be in a position to complete the course requirements by taking courses offered on METU NCC Campus)
- hold a Master's degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or related fields
The documents listed below should be submitted electronically or in person to Assoc. Prof. Dr. Murat Fahrioğlu (Program Coordinator, METU NCC Electrical and Electronics Engineering Program) at fmuratmetu.edu.tr Documents faxed or sent by surface mail will not be taken into consideration.
- Application Form (Click to download)
- Curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate diploma and transcript
- Master diploma and transcript (if applicable)
- PhD diploma and transcript (if applicable)
- A letter of consent from the thesis supervisor, indicating that thesis-related work can be conducted alongside the applied position (if applicable).
- A letter of intent (reasons for applying Electrical and Electronics Engineering program along with the candidate's long-term goals)
(Originals of documents will have to be produced at the time of recruitment)
Middle East Technical University,
Northern Cyprus Campus,
Kalkanlı, Güzelyurt, KKTC,
Mersin 10, TURKEY