- B.S., M.S., Ph.D., METU (METU-Ankara)
- Heat Transfer
- Applied mechanics
- Elastic plastic stress analysis
- Functionally graded materials
- Experimental mechanics, Biomechanics
- Probability and Statistics for Engineers
- Strength of Materials
- Continuum Mechanics I and Continuum Mechanics II
- Engineering Mechanics: 1)Statics, 2)Dynamics
- Applied Mathematics for Engineers, Analytical Methods in Engineering
- Akis, T. and Orcan, Y., Experimental and Analytical Investigation of Mechanics of Crawl Stroke Swimming, Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 31, p. 243 261, 2004.
- Eminkahyagil, N., Orcan, Y. and Gokalp, S., Effect of Lining Materials on Fracture Resistance of Amalgam Restorations. Journal of Dental Research, vol.80, p.1279, 2001.
- Orcan, Y. and Eraslan, A. N., Elastic Plastic Stresses in Linearly Hardening Solid Disks of Variable Thickness. Mechanics Research Communications, vol.29, p.269 281, 2002.
- Eraslan, A. N. and Orcan, Y., Elastic Plastic Deformation of a Rotating Solid Disk of Exponentially Varying Thickness, Mechanics of Materials, vol.34, p.423 432, 2002.
- Eraslan A. N., Orcan Y., Sonmez M., A Comprehensive Stress Analysis of Rotating Variable Thickness Solid and Annular Disks Using von Mises Yield Criterion, ARI Bulletin of the Istanbul Technical University, vol.54, p.25 35, 2007.
- Eraslan, A. N. and Orcan, Y., On the Rotating Elastic Plastic Solid Disk of Variable Thickness Having Concave Profile