- PhD in Marketing, University of Warwick, 2010
- MBA with specializations in marketing and human resources, State University of New York at Binghamton, 2003
- BSc, Istanbul Technical University, Management Engineering, 2001
- Consumer Culture --> Consumer Socialization, Markets and Politics
- Cultural & Creative Industries Consumption & Marketing --> TV Series, Fashion
- Research Methods --> Online Ethnography, Research in peer cultures and friendship groups
- Consumer Behavior
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Management
- Market Research
- Fundamentals of Business
- OZBILGIN, M. F., & YALKIN, C. (2019). Hegemonic dividend and workforce diversity: The case of ‘biat’and meritocracy in nation branding in Turkey. Journal of Management and Organization, 25(4), 543-553.
- YALKIN, C. (2019). "TV series: marketplace icon." Consumption Markets & Culture, DOI: 10.1080/10253866.2019.1669569.
- YALKIN, C. and VEER, E. (2018) “Taboo on TV: Gender, Religion, and Sexual Taboos in Transnationally Marketed Turkish Soap Operas”, Journal of Marketing Management. https://doi.org/10.1080/0267257X.2018.1520738
- YALKIN, C. and YANIK, L. (2018) “Entrenching Geopolitical Imaginations: Brand(ing) Turkey Through Orhan Pamuk”, Journal of International Relations and Development. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41268-018-0153-1
- LUO, J., DEY, B.L., YALKIN, C., PUNJAISRI, K., SIVARAJAH, S., HUANG, Y., YEN, D. (2018) “Millennial Chinese consumers' perceived destination brand value” (2018), Journal of Business Research, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2018.06.015
- YALKIN, C. (2017) “A Brand Culture Approach to Managing Nation-Brands”, European Management Review, https://doi.org/10.1111/emre.12129
- KOCER, S. and YALKIN, C. (2016) “Invented Myths in Turkish Political Advertising,” Society, 53(6), 603-607. (Guest Editor: Arthur Asa Berger)
- CANHOTO, A.I., VOM LEHN, D., KERRIGAN, F., YALKIN, C., BRAUN, M., and STEINMETZ, N. (2015) “Fall and redemption: Monitoring and engaging in social media conversations during a crisis”, Cogent Business & Management, DOI: 10.1080/23311975.2015.1084978
- YALKIN, C. and ELLIOTT, R. (2014) “Revisiting Contexts of Socialization: Friendship Group as the Consumer Socialization Context”, Journal of Consumer Policy, 37(2), 301-331.
- YALKIN, C., KERRIGAN, F. and VOM LEHN, D. (2014) “(Il)legitimization of the role of the nation-state: Understanding of and Reactions to Internet Censorship in Turkey,’’ New Media & Society, 16 (2), 271-289.
- YALKIN, C. (2013) “The Making of An Everyday Concubine: Accounting for Simultaneous Love of Modernity and the Recently (Re)-discovered Ottoman Heritage,” Advances in Consumer Research, 40, eds. Zeynep Gurhan-Canlı and Cele Otnes, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research.
- YALKIN, C. and MUMCU, S.O. (2011) “This Time (Again) Consumption May not Unite Us ”, Advances in Consumer Research, 39, eds. Rohini Ahluwalia, Tanya Chartrand, and Rebecca Ratner, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research.
- YALKIN, C. and ELLIOTT, R. (2010) “Contexts of Socialization Revisited: Implications for Consumer Research”, Advances in Consumer Research, 38, eds. Darren W. Dahl, Gita V. Johar, and Stijn M.J. van Osselaer.
- YALKIN, C. and ELLIOTT, R. (2008) “Adolescents and Their Brands: An Account of Market Participation and Resistance”, Advances in Consumer Research, 36, eds. A. McGill and S. Shavitt.
Editorial Board Membership:
- Associate Editor in Marketing for European Management Review