- B.S., Ankara State Academy of Engineering and Architecture, M.S., Ph.D., METU
- Energy Management
- Technical Education/ Curriculum Development
- Computer Aided Design and Drafting
- Solid Mechanics
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Process Measurement
- Fluid Mechanics
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing I& II, MECH 113, MECH 114, METU NCC Mechanical Engineering Program, 2008-
- Engineering Graphics ME101, Mechanical Eng. Dep., METU (fall 1986 to spring 1996),
- 20 semesters, 2 Sections/ Semester) Scientific Principles of Technology (Statics) TPR 121
- METU, fall 1996 to spring 2002, ~10 semesters, ~1 Section/ Semester) Engineering Science I (Dynamics) TPR124
- Engineering Science II (Fluid Mechanics) AUTO 225, METU, 1996 2003.
- Directed Studies (Heat Transfer), AUTO 271, METU, fall 1998 to spring 2004, ~8 semesters, ~1 Section/ Semester)
- Energy Engineering MM416, Gazi Univ. Mechanical Engineering Dep. 2007 2008
- Termodinamik II MM204, Erciyes University, Spring 1996
- Termodinamik I MM203, Erciyes University, Fall 1996
- Computer Programming with Fortran 77, ENF 102, Mechanical Engineering Dep., Gazi University, Spring 2007, 2Sections, Summer School 2007 1 section, Spring 2008,
- Akışkanlar Mekaniği I MM301, Erciyes University, Fall 96
- Isı Transferi I MM309, Erciyes University, Fall 96
- Directed Studies (Computer Programming, Qbasic) TPR172, METU, spring 2001, 2002, 2 semesters, ~1 Section/ Semester )
- Sönmez, M., “Two Offers to Prevent Excessive Water Consumption: A Proposal for Industrial Design Departments of Universities”, International Journal of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering, Vol.8(2), pp 24-31, DOI: 10.5897/IJWREE2014.0531, available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/IJWREE March 2016
- Sönmez, M., “The Role of Technology Faculties in Engineering Education”, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 141(2014), pp. 35-44, Available online at, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042814034338, DOI: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.05.009, Elsevier, 2014.
- Sönmez, M., "Solid Modelling and Creativity”, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 93 ( 2013 ), pp. 169 – 173, Available online at www.sciencedirect.com, Elsevier, 2013.
- Sönmez, M., "When will High School Defend its Science Education against University?", Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences, v.31, pp. 509-516, Available online at www.sciencedirect.com, Elsevier, 2012.
- Sonmez, M., Turkiye de Mesleki ve Orgun Ogretimin Sorunlari ve Yeniden Yapilandirilma Zorunlulugu, TED Egitim ve Bilim Dergisi, v. 33, no: 147, pp. 71 84, Ocak 2008.
- Sönmez, M., "Physics and Chemistry Courses in Mechanical Engineering Curriculum", ICEE 2011 An International Conference on Engineering Education, Article No: 55, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK., 21-26 August 2011
- Sonmez, M., Mesleki Yeterliligin Saglanmasinda iki Asamali Universite Egitiminin Gerekliligi ve Niteligi, Egitimsen Yayinlari, 1. Baski, pp. 177 184, Ocak 2008.
- Sönmez, M., "Energy Efficiency Law: Role of Universities in Educating Energy Managers", Journal of Materials Science and Engineering, B1, ISSN 2161-6221, pp. 358- 364, 2011
- Sonmez, M., Master of Engineering Life Long Learning, Proceedings of the 7th WFEO World Congress on Engineering Education, Budapest, Hungary, pp. 216 220, March 2006.
Editorial Board Membership:
- Science PG- Educational Journal
- Science PG- American Journal of Energy Engineering
- British Educational Research Journal