- B.A., M.A., METU; Ph.D., University of Maryland
- Sociolinguistics of English as an International Language
- Issues related to (in)equity, privilege, marginalization and identity in TESOL
- Second language teacher education
- The interplay between Second Language Acquisition (SLA) and L2 pedagogy
- Second language teacher identity construction and negotiation
- ENLT 590 – Seminar in English Language Teaching (Graduate)
- ENLT 529 – Global English: Political, Economic and Ethical Considerations (Graduate)
- ENLT 526 – Approaches, Methods and Techniques in English Language Teaching (Graduate)
- ENLT 508 – Contemporary Issues in English Language Teaching (Graduate)
- ENLT 506 – Second Language Acquisition (Graduate)
- EFL 413 – English Language Testing and Evaluation (Undergraduate)
- EFL 315 – Contrastive Turkish-English Structure (Undergraduate)
- FLE 307 – Language Acquisition (Undergraduate)
- EFL 279 – Sociolinguistics and Intercultural Communication (Undergraduate)
- EFL 278 – Global English (Undergraduate)
- EFL 254 – ELT Methodology II (Undergraduate)
- EFL 250 – Oral Expression and Public Speaking (Undergraduate)
- EFL 121 – Contextual Grammar and Composition (Undergraduate)
- The Encyclopedia of ELT (forthcoming/2018). Wiley/TESOL. (Area Editor: Non-native English-speaking Teachers)
- Selvi, A. F., & Rudolph, N. (forthcoming/2018). Conceptual shifts and contextualized practices in education for glocal interaction: Issues and implications. Springer.
- Selvi, A. F., & Yazan, B. (2013). Teaching English as an international language. Alexandria, VA: TESOL Press.
- Journal Articles
- Üzüm, B., Yazan, B., & Selvi, A. F. (2017). Inclusive and exclusive uses of we in four American textbooks for multicultural teacher education. Language Teaching Research.
- Selvi, A. F. (2016). The role of teacher education at a crossroads of tensions and opportunities. Asian Englishes (18)3, 258-264.
- Selvi, A. F., & Martin-Beltrán, M. (2016). Teacher-learners’ engagement in the re-conceptualization of Second Language Acquisition knowledge through inquiry. System, 63, 28-39.
- Selvi, A. F. (2016). English as the language of marketspeak. English Today, 32(4), 33-39.
- Rudolph, N., Selvi, A. F., & Yazan, B. (2015). Conceptualizing and confronting inequity: Approaches within and new directions for the “NNEST movement”. Critical Inquiry in Language Studies, 12(1), 27-50.
- Selvi, A. F. (2014). Myths and misconceptions about the non-native English speakers in TESOL (NNEST) Movement. TESOL Journal, 5(3), 573-611.
- Selvi, A. F. (2014). Medium of instruction debate in Turkey: Oscillating between national ideas and bilingual ideals. Current Issues in Language Planning, 15(2), 133-152.
- Selvi, A. F. (2011). The non-native speaker teacher. ELT Journal, 65(2), 187-189.
- Selvi, A. F. (2011). World Englishes in the Turkish sociolinguistic context. World Englishes, 30(2), 182-199.
Editorial Board Membership:
- TESOL Quarterly
- Journal of Language, Identity, & Education
- International Multilingual Research Journal
- Turkish Online Journal of English Language Teaching