- B.S, METU; M.S.,Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Metu-Ankara)
- Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Foundation Engineering, Landslides and Slope Stability, Embankments and Dams, Geosynthetics, Ground improvement
- CVE 366 Foundation Engineering
- CVE 4004 Shear Strength and Slope Stability
- Stark, T.D., Huvaj Sarihan, N., and Li, G. (2009), Shear Strength of Municipal Solid Waste For Stability Analyses, Environmental Earth Sciences, v.57(8), pp.1911 1923
- Mesri, G. and Huvaj, N., Residual shear strength mobilized in Red River slope failures. 9th International Conference on Landslides, 2, (2004), p.925 931.
- Mesri, G. and Huvaj, N., Shear strength mobilized in undrained failure of soft clay and silt deposits. ASCE Geotechnical Special Publication No.173, Advances in Measurement and Modeling of Soil Behavior, (2007), p.1 22.
- Huvaj Sarihan, N., Creep movements of reactivated landslides. 4th International Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference, (2009)