- B.A., METU; M.A. METU NCC
- Teacher Education
- Professional Development
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Vocabulary Learning & Teaching
- ENGL 101: Development of Reading and Writing Skills I
- ENGL 102: Development of Reading and Writing Skills II
- ENGL 211: Academic Oral Presentation Skills
- ENGL 311: Advanced Communication Skills
- ENGL 312: Conversational English
- Intensive English Preparatory Courses
- Durmaz, M. (2016). L1 Phonology Transfer to L2 Phonology: The Effect of Phonological Environment. In Başaran, B. Ç., Cengiz, B. C., Gümüşok, F. & Şafak, D. F. (Eds), Selected Papers. Paper presented at 9th International METU Postgraduate Conference on Linguistics and Language Teaching, METU, Ankara, 14-15 December, (pp. 55-66). Gazi Kitabevi: Ankara
- Durmaz, M. & Gören Z. (2016, May). The Impact of VOCAP on Learner Achievement and Teacher Development. Paper presented at 8th T-PLUS Conference: Focus on the Learner. Eskişehir, Turkey.
- Durmaz, M. & Yiğitoğlu, N. (2017, May). Issues and challenges in the professional identity development of alternatively certified English language teachers (in an EFL context). Paper presented at GLOBELT 2017 Conference. İzmir, Turkey.
- Durmaz, M. (2017). Tracing the local culture in a reading book. Journal of Languages and Culture, 8(9), 141-146. doi:10.5897/jlc2015.0337
- Durmaz, M., & Yiğitoğlu, N. (2017). Factors in the professional identity development of alternatively certified English languages teachers (ACELTs). International Online Journal of Education and Teaching (IOJET), 4(4), 398-416. http://iojet.org/index.php/IOJET/article/view/235/179