- B.S., M.S., Ph.D., METU (METU-Ankara)
- Reaction Engineering, Heterogeneous Catalysis, Photocatalytic Materials
- CHME 312 Chemical Reaction Engineering
- CHME 417 Chemical Engineering Design I
- CHME 418 Chemical Engineering Design II
- CHME 482 Chemical Process Safety
- Yürüm A., Karakaş, G. Synthesis of Na, Fe, and Co promoted TiO2/multiwalled carbon nanotube composites and their use as a photocatalyst. Turkish Journal of Chemistry, Vol.41, 440-454, 2017
- Erdural B, Bölükbaşı U., Karakaş G. Photocatalytic antibacterial activity of TiO2–SiO2 thin films: The effect of composition on cell adhesion and antibacterial activity. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A-Chemistry, 283, 29-37, 2014.
- Karakas G., Yetişemeyen P. Room Temperature Photocatalytic Oxidation of Carbon Monoxide Over Pd/TiO2–SiO2 Catalysts. Topics in Catalysis, 56(18-20), 1883-1891, 2013.
- Yurtsever A.O., Karakaş G., Uludağ Y., Modeling and computational simulation of adsorption based chemical heat pumps. Applied Thermal Engineering, 50(1), 401-407, 2013.
- Munteanu C., Caldararu M., Bratan V., Yetisemiyen P., Karakas G., Ionescu N. I. Electrical and catalytic properties of SnO2/TiO2 measured in operando conditions. Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis, 105(1), 13-22, 2012.
- Erdural B., Yurum A., Bakir U., Karakaş G. Hydrothermal Synthesis of Nanostructured TiO2 Particles and Characterization of Their Photocatalytic Antimicrobial Activity. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 8(2), 878-886, 2008.