- B.S., M.S., Gazi University; Ph.D., METU
- Teacher Education
- Sustainable Professional Learning
- Creativity and Scholastic Achievement
- Education of the Gifted and Talented
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Program Evaluation
- Academic Resilience
- Research Methods in Education
- School Experience
- Introduction to Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Psychology
- Introduction to Education
- Classroom Management
- Turkish Education System and School Management
- School Observation
- Selected Journal Articles
- Can, I., Koydemir, S., Durhan S., Ogan, S., Gozukara, C., & Cokluk, G. (2017). Changing high school students' attitudes towards mathematics in a non-traditional summer camp: Happiness matters. Educational Sciences: Theory and Practice, 17, 1625-1648
- Sahin, I., & Yildirim, A. (2015). Transforming professional learning into practice. ELT Journal, 70(3), 241-252. doi:10.1093/elt/ccv070
- Bart, W. M., & Hokanson, B., Sahin, I., Abdelhady Abdelsamea, M. (2015). An investigation of the gender differences in creative thinking abilities among 8th and 11th Grade students. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 17, 17-24. doi:10.1016/j.tsc.2015.03.003
- Selected Conference Presentations
- Can, I., Gelmez-Burakgazi, S., & Celik, I. (2018, April). An investigation of uses and gratifications for using web 2.0 technologies in instructional processes. Paper presented at the 2018 Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association (AERA): The Dreams. Possibilities, and Necessity of Public Education, New York City, NY, USA.
- Can, I., & Gokalp, G. (2018, March). Trajectories of change in pre-service teachers' perceptions of student misbehavior in the classroom. Paper presented at INHERE 2018: Learning Through Inquiry in Higher Education - Current Research and Future Challenges, Munich, Germany.
- Gelmez-Burakgazi, S. , & Sahin, I. (2016, October). Scale development for pre-service teachers' perceptions towards professional ethics. Paper presented at the 4th International Congress on Curriculum and Instruction (ICCI-2016), Belek, Antalya, Turkey.
- Selected Poster Presentations
- Bart, W. M., & Hokanson, B., Can, I. (2017, May). Exploring the extent to which participation in special education services, limited English language proficiency, and poverty predict creativity among school-aged children. Poster presented at the Association for Psychological Science (APS) 29th Annual Convention, Boston, MA, USA.
- Bart, W. M., & Hokanson, B., Sahin, I. (2016, May). Exploring the Relation between High Creativity and High Scholastic Achievement among 8th and 11th graders. Poster presented at the Association for Psychological Science (APS) 28th Annual Convention, Chicago, IL, USA.