- B.S., Michigan State University; M.S., Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Power Systems: Prevention of Electricity Outages using Demand Side Management
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability
- Solar Energy.
- Electricity Markets
- Demand Side Management of Electricity
- Economics of System Security
- Application of Game Theory to Power Systems
- EEE 201: Circuit Theory I
- EEE 209: Fundamentals of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- EEE 361: Electromechanical Energy Conversion
- EEE 471: Power System Analysis I
- EEE 472: Power System Analysis II
- SEES 502: Energy Systems and Sustainablity
- Mohammad Abujubbeh, Murat Fahrioglu, Fadi Al-Turjman, "Power loss reduction and voltage enhancement via distributed photovoltaic generation: Case study in North Cyprus", Computers & Electrical Engineering, Volume 95, 2021.
- L. AL-Ghussain, R. Samu, O. Taylan, M. Fahrioglu, "Sizing renewable energy systems with energy storage systems in microgrids for maximum cost-efficient utilization of renewable energy resources", Sustainable Cities and Society, Volume 55, 2020.
- R. Samu, M. Fahrioglu, "An analysis on the potential of solar photovoltaic power", Energy Sources, Part B, pp. 1-7, June, 2017.
- M. Fahrioglu, "Effect of demand management on regulated and deregulated electricity sectors", Energy Policy, Vol. 90, pp. 115-120, 2016.
- M. Fahrioglu, F.L. Alvarado, R.H. Lasseter, T. Yong, "Supplementing Demand Management Programs with Distributed Generation Options", Electric Power Systems Research, Elsevier, Volume 84, Issue 1, Pages 195-200, March 2012.
- N. Nwulu, M. Fahrioglu, "Power System Demand Management Contract Design: A Comparison between Game Theory and Artificial Neural Networks", International Review on Modelling and Simulations, Vol. 4 No. 1, pp. 106-112, February 2011.
- M. Fahrioglu and F. L. Alvarado, "Using Utility Information to Calibrate Customer Demand Management Behavior Models'', IEEE Power Engineering Review, Vol. 21, Issue 4, 2001.
- M. Fahrioglu and F. L. Alvarado, "Using Utility Information to Calibrate Customer Demand Management Behavior Models'', IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 16, No. 2, May 2001.
- M. Fahrioglu and F. L. Alvarado, "Designing Incentive Compatible Contracts for Effective Demand Management'', IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 15, No. 4, November 2000.