- B.A., Eastern Mediterranean University; M.A., University of Texas at Austin; Ph.D., University College London, Institute of Education
- Foreign language anxiety
- Non-native teachers and student teachers
- The teaching of languages in contexts of conflict
- The study of private tutoring in English
- ENGL 101
- ENGL 102
- ENGL 211
- ENGL 311
- EFL 121
- EFL 122
- EFL 123
- EFL 313
- EFL 324
- Preparatory Program
- Tum, D.O., Kunt, N., & Kunt, M. (2016). Language learning in conflictual contexts: a study of Turkish Cypriot adolescents learning Greek in Cyprus, Language, Culture and Curriculum, 29:2, 207-224, DOI: 10.1080/07908318.2015.1136322
- Tum, D. O. (2015). Foreign language anxiety's forgotten study: The case of the anxious student teacher. TESOL Quarterly, 49(4), 627-658.
- Tüm, D.Ö. & Kunt, N. (2013). Student teachers’ feelings of anxiety while speaking English. Hacettepe Ünivertisesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi [Hacettepe University Journal of Education], 28(3), 385-399.
- Tüm, D.Ö. (2013). Our Struggle with Language Teacher Anxiety, The Teacher Trainer Journal, 27(1), 15-18.
- Conference Publication (Cyprus International Conference on Educational Research (CY-ICER-2012) North Cyprus, 08-10 February, 2012) Tüm, D. Ö. Feelings of language anxiety amongst non-native student teachers. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 47, 2012, Pages 2055-2059.