- B.S.,M.S., Ph.D., The University of Texas-Austin
- Medical physics, biomedical optics and biophotonics, nanophotonics
- PHY 105
- PHY 106
- D. Arifler and M. Guillaud, “Assessment of internal refractive index profile of stochastically inhomogeneous nuclear models via analysis of two-dimensional optical scattering patterns,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 26(5), 055001 (2021).
- D. Arifler and D. Arifler, “Monte Carlo analysis of molecule absorption probabilities in diffusion-based nanoscale communication systems with multiple receivers,” IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience 16(3), 157-165 (2017).
- D. Arifler, T. Zhu, S. Madaan, and I. Tachtsidis, “Optimal wavelength combinations for near-infrared spectroscopic monitoring of changes in brain tissue hemoglobin and cytochrome c oxidase concentrations,” Biomedical Optics Express 6(3), 933-947 (2015).
- D. Arifler, C. MacAulay, M. Follen, and M. Guillaud, “Numerical investigation of two-dimensional light scattering patterns of cervical cell nuclei to map dysplastic changes at different epithelial depths,” Biomedical Optics Express 5(2), 485-498 (2014).
- D. Arifler, “Nanoplatform-based optical contrast enhancement in epithelial tissues: Quantitative analysis via Monte Carlo simulations and implications on precancer diagnostics,” Optics Express 21(3), 3693-3707 (2013).
- C. Cihan and D. Arifler, “Influence of phase function on modeled optical response of nanoparticle-labeled epithelial tissues,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 16(8), 085002 (2011).
- D. Arifler, “Sensitivity of spatially resolved reflectance signals to coincident variations in tissue optical properties,” Applied Optics 49(22), 4310-4320 (2010).
- C. Kortun, Y. R. Hijazi, and D. Arifler, “Combined Monte Carlo and finite-difference time-domain modeling for biophotonic analysis: implications on reflectance-based diagnosis of epithelial precancer,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 13(3), 034014 (2008).
- D. Arifler, I. Pavlova, A. Gillenwater, and R. Richards-Kortum, “Light scattering from collagen fiber networks: micro-optical properties of normal and neoplastic stroma,” Biophysical Journal 92(9), 3260-3274 (2007).