- B.S., M.S., Eastern Mediterranean University; Ph.D., University of Southampton
- Computer Vision and Deep Learning
- Signal and Image Processing
- Image and Video Analysis
- EEE 584: Machine Vision
- EEE 430: Digital Signal Processing
- EEE 301: Signal and Systems I
- CNG 384: Signal and Systems for Computer Engineers
- EEE 330: Probability and Random Variables
- EEE 435: Telecommunications I
- EEE 436: Telecommunications II
- EEE 281: Electrical Circuits
- EEE 493: Engineering Design I
- EEE 494: Engineering Design II
- Cem Direkoglu and Noel E. O’Connor. Temporal Segmentation and Recongintion of Team Activities in Sports. Machine Vision and Applications, 29(5):891–913, July 2018.
- Cem Direkoglu, Melike Sah and Noel E. O’Connor. Player Detection in Field Sports. Machine Vision and Applications, 29(2):187–206, February 2018.
- Cem Direkoglu, Melike Sah and Noel E. O’Connor. Abnormal crowd behavior detection using novel optical flow-based features. IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance (AVSS2017), August 2017.
- Melike Sah and Cem Direkoglu. Semantic Annotation of Surveillance Videos for Abnormal Crowd Behaviour Search and Analysis. IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance (AVSS2017), August 2017.
- Ali Isin, Cem Direkoglu and Melike Sah. Review of MRI-based Brain Tumor Image Segmentation using Deep Learning Methods. International Conference on Applications of Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computging (ICAFS 2016), (Procedia Computer Science Journal, 102:317-324), August 2016.
- Iveel Jargalsaikhan, Suzanne Little, Cem Direkoglu and Noel E. O'Connor. Action Recognition based on Sparse Motion Trajectories. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2013), pages: 15 - 18, September 2013.
- Cem Direkoğlu and Noel E. O’Connor. Team Activity Recognition in Sports, European Conference on Computer Vision, (ECCV 2012), LNCS vol. 7578, pages: 69-83, October 2012.
- Cem Direkoğlu, Rozenn Dahyot and Michael Manzke. On using Anisotropic Diffusion for Skeleton Extraction, International Journal of Computer Vision, 100(2):170-189, November 2012.
- Cem Direkoglu and Mark S. Nixon. Shape Classification via Image-based Multiscale Description, Pattern Recognition, 44(9):2134-2146, September 2011.