Research / Teaching Assistants (2 positions)
We are seeking two full-time research/teaching assistants to be recruited at the Psychology Program at Middle East Technical University – Northern Cyprus Campus (METU-NCC) for the academic year 2019-2020.
The successful candidates should
- Hold at least a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Psychology.
- Have graduated or be enrolled in a graduate degree program (Master’s or PhD) and their enrolment should not interfere with their duties at METU NCC.
- Demonstrate competence in undergraduate psychology subjects especially in the areas of statistics, research methods, and introductory psychology.
- Be well-organised, have attention for detail and be prepared to deal with unprecedented workload during peak times of semester.
- Have excellent written and spoken Turkish and English language skills. The English language competence must be substantiated officially with an IELTS, TOEFL, YDS or METU EPE score.
Though not required, a previous experience as research or teaching assistant at METU or another institution of higher education is an advantage. The job requirements involve, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing assistantship to lecturers in lab hours of subjects such as statistics and research methods as well as mentorship to students in other subjects as needed.
- Marking multiple choice exam papers.
- Do administrative tasks as required by the program coordinator and other staff members in the psychology program.
Applications must be sent to Dr. Doğu Erdener (program coordinator) via vdogumetu.edu.tr and must include:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Names and contact details of two academic referees
For further information please contact Dr. Doğu Erdener (vdogumetu.edu.tr) or Dr. Aslı Niyazi (naslimetu.edu.tr).
Applications will be kept strictly confidential and close on Monday, 9 September 2019 by 17:00.
 The Turkish language requirement may be waived under special circumstances