Information for Accepted Students
We would like to give some important information to admitted students that will help you in enrollment process:
Travel Information for International Students
1. Prepare for travel to Northern Cyprus (Lefkosa / Ercan) not later than 30 days before your program starting date.
2. Make an appointment with the nearest Turkish Embassy / Consulate for TRANSIT VISA to Turkey, if not exempted. (www.mfa.gov.tr)
3. Make flight reservation (preferably Turkish Airlines or Pegasus due to automatic luggage transfer) as soon as possible, since routes to Istanbul & Northern Cyprus (Ercan airport) are busy in September.
4. Go to Turkish Embassy / Consulate with your acceptance letter issued by the METU NCC & other documents required by the Embassy / Consulate; apply for the Turkish transit visa.
5. Purchase your earlier reserved ticket.
6. Inform us via e-mail (nccgroffmetu.edu.tr) on your flight schedule (date of arrival, time of your departure from Istanbul, flight number). This information must be provided at least 3 working days (Mon-Fri) prior to your arrival. Otherwise, airport pick up is not guaranteed.
7. Upon check in, in order to avoid luggage loss, make sure that transit tags are attached to all of your bags.
8. Upon arrival to Turkey, go to the transit area for you connection flight for Northern Cyprus (ERCAN airport)
9. Upon arrival to Northern Cyprus (ERCAN airport) show your acceptance letter to the custom officer.
- Arrival Dates (Airport pick up service will be available): February 9-10-11, 2017
- METU English Proficiency Exam (EPE) : September 22nd,2016
- Orientation Program for All New Students: February 11-19, 2017
- Registration & document submission: February 12, 2017
- Online Course Registration & Advisor Approvals : September 28th-30th, 2016
- Classes Commence: February 20, 2017 In official Registration you have to submit the original documents to Graduate Studies Office:
- Original undergraduate degree diploma or letter certifying graduation
- Official undergraduate transcript
- Official English Language Proficiency Certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, EPE)
- Official ALES certificate (For Turkish Citizens)
- Copy of passport pages that include identification information
- Official certificate/exemption of military service (Republic of Turkey & TRNC males only)
- Four color photos (4.5 x 6 cm size)
- Bank Receipt of tuition fee payment
Upon arrival to METU NCC campus, you will receive much more information on registration & English Proficiency Test, student visa and have opportunities to attend orientation sessions.
We look forward to welcome you at METU-NCC