- B.A., Ankara University; Ankara Yüksek Öğretmenlik Okulu Certificate; Ph.D. Durham University
- Rural transformation in the developing world, internationalisation of agriculture and global commodity chains,democracy and development, ethnicity and devlopment, politics of environment, political economy of development, politics of developing countries with specific reference to the Middle East,
- Aydın, Z. 2013. ‘Global Crisis Turkey and Regulation of Crisis’, Capital and Class, 38(1); (2): 149-87. ISSN 1471-0358.
- Aydın, Z. 2010. ‘Neo-Liberal Transformation of Turkish Agriculture’, Journal of Agrarian Change, 10 (2): 149-87. ISSN 1471-0358.
- Aydın, Z. 2009. ‘De-agrarianisation and De-peasantisation: Dilemmas of Neo- Liberal Restructuring in Turkish Agriculture’ in F Şenses and Z Öniş (eds), Turkey and the Global Economy: Neo-Liberal Restructuring and Integration in the Post-Crisis Era, London: Routledge.
- Aydın, Z. 2008. ‘Democracy Engineeering and Underdeveloped Countries’,(in Turkish) NEU Journal of Social Sciences, 1(1):50-83.
- Aydın, Z. 2005. ‘The State, Civil Society and Environmentalism in Turkey’, in Fikret Adaman and Murat Arsel (eds), Environmentalism in Turkey, London: Ashgate. ISBN 0 7546 4447 2
- Aydın, Z. 2005. The Political Economy of Turkey, pp.302, London: Pluto Press. ISBN 1-59033-129-X