- B.A., METU; M.A., University of Dalaware; Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
- Economic Globalization
- Financial liberalization and financial crises
- Comparative development
- Latin American and Turkish political economy
- IMF and economic reform
- Political economy of populism
- PSIR 108 Introduction to Global Politics
- PSIR 305 International Political Economy
- PSIR 314 Political Economy of Turkey
- PSIR 343 International Development
- PSIR 400 Graduation Project
- PSIR 504 Global Political Economy
- PSIR 403 Contemporary Issues in Global Political Economy"
- "Turkey under the Hegemony of AKP: An Utmost Case of Neoliberal Populism" prsented at the ECPR General Conference (Montreal, Canada, 26-29 August 2015)
- (2015). "Political conditions for successful inflation stabilization: comparing Brazil and Argentina." Revista Brasileira de Política Internacional, 58(1), 63-83.
- "Developing Countries in the Face of the Global Economic Crisis: Dependence and Sources of Vulnerability" presented at the Annual Conference of APSA (29 Aug-1 Sep 2013)
- (2013) "Is ‘Consensus’ Necessary for Inflation Stabilization? A Comparison of Israel and Turkey," Middle Eastern Studies, 49(1): 47-62.
- "Evaluation of IMF Sponsored Economic Policies in the Face of the Global Economic Crisis: A Comparison of Turkey and Argentina" presented at the World Congress of IPSA (July 8-12, 2012, Madrid)
- "The Global Economic Crisis and Its Effects on the Developing Countries: Why Some Are More Vulnerable Than the Others" presented at the Joint Conference of AHE, IIPPE, and FAPE (5-7 July, 2012, Paris)