- B.S., METU; M.A., Ph.D., University of Western Sydney
- Second language acquisition and bilingualism
- Audio-visual speech perception, development and its applications
- Audio-visual speech perception in clinical populations
- Applied Cognition: traffic
- Introductory Psychology (1st year)
- Statistics & Research Methods (1st & 2nd year)
- Developmental Psychology (2nd year)
- Experimental Psychology (2nd year)
- Speech Perception (3rd year)
- Language Acquisition & Development (4th year)
- Undergraduate Research Thesis (4th year)
- Computer Applications in Psychology (SPSS)
- Erdener, D. & Burnham, D. (2017). Auditory-visual speech perception in 3- and 4-year-olds and its relationship to perceptual attunement and receptive vocabulary. Journal of Child Language (volume and page numbers forthcoming)
- Erdener, D. (2017). Teaching Turkish as a foreign language: extrapolating from experimental psychology. Journal of Language and Linguistic Studies, 13(1), 156-165.
- Erdener, D. & Yordamlı, A. (2016). Auditory-visual speech perception in bipolar disorder. In C.Pracana (Ed.) Proceedings of InPact 2016 International Psychological Applications Conference and Trends. (pp.137-141) Lisbon, Portugal: World Institute for Advanced Research and Science.
- Erdener, D. (2016). Basic to Applied Research: Benefits of Audio-Visual Speech Perception in Teaching Foreign Languages. The Language Learning Journal, 44(1), 124-132. doi: 10.1080/09571736.2012.724080
- Erdener, D. (2015). The McGurk Illusion in Turkish, Turkish Journal of Psychology, 30(76), 19-27.
- Erdener, D. & Burnham, D. (2013). The Relationship between Audio-Visual Speech Perception and Language Specific Speech Perception at the Onset of Reading Instruction in English-Speaking Children. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 116, 120-138. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jecp.2013.03.003
- Erdener, D., Sekiyama, K., & Burnham, D. (2010). The development of auditory‐visual speech perception across languages and ages. In M. Burgess, J. Davey, C. Don & T. McMinn (Eds.) Proceedings of 20th International Congress on Acoustics, ICA 2010. (pp.1-10). Sydney, Australia: Australian Acoustical Society, NSW Division.
- Dodd, B., McIntosh, B., Erdener,D., & Burnham, D. (2008). Perception of the auditory-visual illusion in speech perception by children with phonological disorders. Clinical Phonetics & Linguistics, 22, 69-82.
- Burnham, D., Sekiyama, K., & Erdener, D. (2008). Cross language auditory visual speech perception development. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 123(5), 3879-3880.
- Erdener, V.D. & Burnham, D.K. (2005). The role of audiovisual speech and orthographic information in non native speech production, Language Learning, 55 191 228.