- B.A.,M.A., METU; Ph.D., University of Maryland
- Sociolinguistics of English as an international language
- English as an international language (EIL) and World Englishes
- Issues related to non-native English-speaking professionals in TESOL
- Second language teacher education and teacher cognition/praxis
- Language policy/planning
- FLE 307 - Language Acquisition (Summer 2013 - METU Ankara)
- FLE 413 - English Language Testing and Evaluation (Summer 2013 - METU Ankara)
- ENLT 526 - Approaches Methods and Techniques in ELT (Fall 2013, 2014 - METU NCC)
- EFL 413 - English Language Testing and Evaluation (Fall 2013 - METU NCC)
- EFL 121 - Contextual Grammar and Composition I (Fall 2013 - METU NCC)
- EFL 278 - Global English (Fall 2014 - METU NCC)
- Selvi, A. F., & Yazan, B. (2013). Teaching English as an international language. Alexandria, VA: TESOL Press.
- The Encyclopedia of TESOL. Wiley. (Area Editor: Non-native English-speaking Teachers)
- Selvi, A. F. (2014). Medium of instruction debate in Turkey: Oscillating between national ideas and bilingual ideals. Current Issues in Language Planning, 15(2), 133-152.
- Selvi, A. F. (2014). Myths and misconceptions about the non-native English speakers in TESOL (NNEST) Movement. TESOL Journal, 5(3), 573-611.
- Selvi, A. F. (2013). Towards EIL Teacher Education: Exploring Challenges and Potentials of MATESOL Programs in the United States. In N. T. Zacharias, & C. Manara (Eds.), Contextualizing the pedagogy of English as an International Language: Issues and tensions (pp. 42-58). Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Selvi, A. F. (2011). The non-native speaker teacher. ELT Journal, 65(2), 187-189.