- B.A., M.A., Gazi University; Ph.D., Hacettepe University
- Calibration Sample size, item and person Parameter drift over time, Test contruction through Item Response Theory, Computerized Adaptive Testing, English Language Testing, Assessing Writing through Questionnaires,
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Computer Education Teaching Methods I
- Development of Reading and Writing Skills I
- Development of Reading and Writing Skills II
- Publications in SSCI indexed journals :
- Sahin, A., & Anil, D. (2017). The effects of test length and sample size on item parameters in item response theory. Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice, 17, 321-335.
- Sahin, A., & Weiss, D. J. (2015). The effects of calibration sample and item bank size on ability estimation in Computerized Adaptive Testing. Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice, 15(6), 1585-1595.
- Paper Presentations :
- Sahin, A. (2016, September). A study on the relationship between the item exposure rates, item pool size & sample size in computerized adaptive testing. Paper presented at 5th Measurement in education and psychology conference, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey.
- Sahin, A, & Weiss, D. J. (2015, September). Effects of errors in item parameter estimates on recovery of theta estimates in Computerized Adaptive Tests. Paper presentation at International Association for Computerized Adaptive Testing (IACAT) 2015 Conference, Queens’ College, University of Cambridge, UK.
- Sahin, A. (2015, May). An investigation on the feasibility of using questionnaires to assess student writing. Paper presented at 12th ODTU International ELT convention, Ankara, Turkey.
- Sahin, A. & Weiss, D. J. (2015, May). Effects of calibration sample and bank size on ability estimation in Computerized Adaptive Testing. Paper presented at International Congress on Education for the Future, Ankara, Turkey.
- Sahin, A. (2015, May). An investigation of the relationship between the test termination criteria, calibration sample size and the ability estimation accuracy in Computerized Adaptive Testing. Paper presentation at 7th International Congress of Educational Research, 2015, Mugla, Turkey.
- Weiss, D. J. & Sahin, A. (2015, April). Fundamentals of Item Response Theory and Computerized Adaptive Testing. Paid (65$) half day pre-conference workshop at 77th NCME conference, Chicago, Illinois, US.