Mulvaney, M. K., McCartney, K., Bub, K. L., & Marshall, N. (2006). Determinants of dyadic scaffolding and cognitive outcomes in first grade. Parenting: Science and Practice, 6, 297-320.
- Mulvaney, M. K., & Mebert, C. J. (2007). Parental corporal punishment predicts internalizing and externalizing behavior problems in early childhood. Journal of Family Psychology, 21, 389-397.
- Mulvaney, M. K., Mebert, C.J., & Flint, J. (2007). Parental affect and childrearing beliefs uniquely predict mothers' and fathers' ratings of children's behavior problems. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 28, 445-457
- Mulvaney, M. K., & Mebert, C. J. (2010). Stress appraisal and attitudes towards corporal punishment as intervening processes between corporal punishment and subsequent mental health. Journal of Family Violence, 25, 401-412.
- Mulvaney, M. K. (2011) Narrative processes across childhood. Early Child Development and Care, 181, 1153-1161
- Mulvaney, M.K., McNall, L.A. & Morrissey, R.A. (2011). A longitudinal investigation of work-family strains and gains, work commitment, and subsequent employment status among working mothers. Journal of Family Issues, 32, 292-316.