Solar Cell Design Using Metamaterials Including Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes by Dr Cumali Sabah
Advanced Materials & Sustainable Manufacturing (AMSM) Research Group of METU NCC SEES
Advanced materials are contemporary, novel and highly versatile materials that outperform conventional ones with their superior properties. Advanced materials play a pivotal role in advancing technologies that can help build a sustainable future in all aspects. Along with the use of advanced materials, sustainable manufacturing practices aim to minimise negative environmental impacts, conserve energy and natural resources, and enhance employee, community, and product safety. Some of the activities of the group involve research on sustainable construction materials, PV solar cell design using metamaterials and carbon nanotubes, synthetic functional molecules, and mechanics and atomistic modelling of carbon nanotubes and polymer composites. You can find below a brief description of Solar Cell Design Using Metamaterials Including Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes by Dr Cumali Sabah.
Metamaterials (MTMs) have some special advantages when they are used in the application of solar cells. MTMs possess periodic structures which is smaller than the guided wavelength. They are artificial structures with unusual physical and chemical properties such as simultaneous negative permittivity and permeability, negative refraction, etc. Dr Sabah's research is primarily on the microwave and electromagnetic investigation of unconventional materials and structures, wave propagation, scattering, complex media, metamaterials and their applications, and solar systems. He studies on metamaterials and their electromagnetic applications, graphene based metamaterials and metamaterial based absorbers for solar cells theoretically, computationally as well as experimentally.
Read past news of ongoing cutting-edge research at our campus:
- - Optimal Mechanisms to Match Supply and Demand in Contemporary Supply Chains by Dr. Yasemin Merzifonluoğlu Uzgören
- - The demand side management of electric power systems by Dr. Murat Fahrioğlu
- - Intelligent Web Interaction for All by Dr Yeliz Yesilada
- - Energy Management and Sustainable Manufacturing by Dr Murat Sönmez
- - Increasing the Utilization of Solar Energy Systems in the Current Electricity Infrastructure by Dr Onur Taylan
- - Synthetic Functional Molecules Research by Dr Mustafa Özser
- - Solar Cell Design Using Metamaterials Including Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes by Dr Cumali Sabah
- - The Incorporation of Waste and Pozzolanic Materials as Partial Cement Replacement for Structural Concrete by Dr Ceren İnce
- - Modelling and Analysis of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Polymer Composites by Dr Volkan Esat
- - Biofuels- by Dr Umut Oğuz